December 25, 2006

Five Things You Don’t Know About Me

As a Christmas present I have been tagged by Richard G. Combs to list those five things. This is new to me and I learned that I’m required to regift. I don’t think I’ve said any of this before.

  1. I have been married twice. I have an adult son from the second marriage.
  2. I was in the Army 66-68. I didn’t join because I was patriotic. I joined because I could not find any work, and I didn’t want to do “days work” or work plucking chicken feathers. For folks who are not old enough to know, “days work” meant house cleaning for 50 cent and hour and bus fare. $1.15/hr was minimum wage. Did I learn a skill? Well the Army needed teletype operators and that’s what I did.
  3. A few months before my fourth birthday, my father came to take me to live with him and his mother. I don’t remember getting on the train, but remember changing trains in Virginia (it probably was D.C.) and the humongous steam engine on the other train.
  4. I deal cards as if I’m left handed. This spooked one poker player. I never knew that I was dealing differently.
  5. I played piano, saxophone and oboe. Not brilliantly, but well enough to play in my high school band. I took a piano class in college, thinking it would be pretty easy to get an “A.” Was I wrong! I had to audition for the class and the final consisted of playing in front of a three person panel. I did get a “C.”
This was hard, trying to find something that is, at least, interesting. Now I have to regift and send to five other bloggers. Brad, Jeffery, Justrose, Ian and Status are it. Let me thank Richard for this wonderful gift, before I go. Merry Christmas everybody!

2 comments:

Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I'll try to think of five things and post them ... unless none of them are interesting (as they most likely aren't).

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Hathor, I've now posted five or six trivial things about myself despite their not being interesting.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *